Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Tempo Grabbing - help requested

The_AefonicThe_Aefonic Boulder, COBeta Tester Posts: 2

I am looking to load up multiple same length stems into Deluge. The Stems are long (about 400 bars @ 120BPM). I do not want the stems time stretched. They are all recorded in the DAW as same length and same BPM.
When i load them into the Deluge and do the Tempo Grab function to stop any time stretching, They play OK but the tempo shows as 91.8 BPM instead of the correct 120BPM. this makes it impossible for me to add clips on the Deluge because the clips are not at the correct tempo.
Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? I simplely want to add the Stems at 120BPM and then add a few Deluge internal clips at the same BPM.
Thx in advance

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

why not just set tempo to 120 manually and get rid of the 'tempo-grab' step all together?

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

You need to make sure your stems are an exact number of measures long. Once you load one into an audio clip you need to hold shift and turn the horizontal knob so that the clip length matches the number of measures in your stem. Everything should work as expected after that.

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297
    edited February 2022

An alternative is to load them as a normal sample in a kit row, change the sample play mode to “cut”. Then you extend the sequence to be longer then your stem and place one single note at the beginning.

This note will be exactly as long as your original file and play as intended and not timestretched.

It would be very useful if the audio clips function had a way to switch off timestretching.

Post edited by jensg on