Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Emoji/Icons for Deluge Forums?

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

Hey all, I went out and made emoji/icons for Deluge commands. I feel like it would be useful to have a visual shorthand, especially when there's so many different ways to describe the same thing (ie. L/R encoder, left/right encoder, horizontal encoder, <> encoder).

Originally made to use in the Deluge Discord (https://discord.gg/t9fcjuuDkx) but figured it could have some great use for the forums as well.

Thoughts up for discussion:
1. There may be less reason to have the labeled circle pads as icons since it's clear you can reference them with just text (it'll also save a ton of space in the emoji list that shows up when posting)
2. I didn't include left & right turns for the ∆ ∇ & ⊲ ⊳ encoders but it could be useful to include them to answer "how do i zoom OUT" or "how do i shorten an individual track length". my thought was that it might be too many icons though, but they are already made if there's value in including them

Anywho, if you think these would be handy on the forums chime in! Any opinions on the thoughts I listed above or in general would be great too.

Post edited by reza on