Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

CLCK IN - MIDI OUT

dafonkdafonk Beta Tester Posts: 13

Hi,

I'm syncing my deluge as a slave with CLK IN (PPQN 24).
I would like to send to clock out of my deluge to my octatrack. (which is set to recieve transport and MIDI IN).
The MIDI OUT is set to ON, I tried the MIDI Through to ON also but the clock is not sent.
Any idea ?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

Nobody ?

alive555alive555 ThailandBeta Tester Posts: 18

not dissimilar issue posted on this forum (not responded to) ;-

I've hit a bit of a block. I've setup midi over USB to the deluge (using deluge as master clock), but i found that I can't send master clock to a second device. Is this normal?

Can you only use the deluge in master clock mode to more than 1 device via midi cable (either by midi hub or midi through on secondary device), and not if you use USB .

In other words USB to device A
    Midi out to device B
    Deluge is Master for both external devices A+B

I can send midi note data no issue, its the clock which is going at about 300 bpm when I used midi cable to the secondary device.

Solution much appreciated 👌

macMOEmacMOE germanyPosts: 16

Hi,
    this sounds like a midi clock feedback problem.
    Try disabling "MIDI clock in" on the deluge.
    settings -> MIDI -> clock -> In -> off
    Since USB-Midi is bi-directional, sometimes the clock just "comes back" through the connected device and then all sorts crazyness happens.
    You could also try disabling MIDI thru on the device connected vie USB.

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

Or maybe the device that's connected with usb shouldn't send the clock signal, as it's not the master.

thank you. I'll try it.
    I'm currently using my keystep to convert sync in to cv