Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Adding Folders

mrlampertmrlampert van nuys, caPosts: 14

If I would like to add additional samples in the samples folders that are not drum-based, is there a way to create another folder as a sub-folder there (like 'artists', 'drums')?

Best Answer

rezareza los angelesPosts: 609
    Answer ✓

there's a lot of different ways to go about it, so whatever makes sense for you. i personally have a lot of my sample packs in the artist folder. so i have one called "ok reza" that are all my drum samples and drum loops i've made. i also have soundpacks/drum kits that other producers make with their own folder. i'm used to that, so i even have a huge library of "sample from mars" drum machine samples in my artist folder listed as "mars" for easy finding.

the benefit to adding (or having duplicate copies of samples) in the "drums" folder is that you can be in one folder ie. "hihat" and then scroll through every hihat you have while being in one folder. otherwise you'd have to go into each different sound pack folder that may have hihat sounds. this could be nice but could also lead to endless scrolling looking for the right sound!

some people skip using the artist folder and just place new sample folders right in the main "samples" folder so they have less clicks to get to what they want.

it takes some time to find exactly the organization you want. other folders i've added in the main samples folder is another folder called "samples" (for youtube songs i've samples or samples for chopping up), "scw" (single cycle waveforms for synths), and "wavetables" (wavetable samples for use with the upcoming 4.0 firmware update. good luck !

Answers

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 609

yeah! you can make as many as you like. but as far as i know, you have to create the folder from the SD card directly, not through the deluge.

keep in mind once you make these folders, if you have songs and kit presets that point to those samples/folders and then you end up moving the samples or renaming folders: that will cause issues with old songs. so stick to something that makes sense!

if you do end up wanting to move a whole folder or reorganizing the samples folders, look into 3rd party apps like Deluge Commander where you can move folders and the app automatically adjusts any songs that reference those files.

edited February 2022

Is it easier then to add other samples into the 'other' category where the drum samples are located? That is what I have been doing so far.

Post edited by mrlampert on

Thank you- I appreciate your help.