Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Preset Numbering

mrlampertmrlampert van nuys, caPosts: 14

When I was learning how to save kit presets (yesterday), somehow I lost a few numbers and it jumped from 42 to 46. Is there a way to either make 46 the next preset or add the missing numbers?

Comments

Also- when I checked the sd card, there was no number 46 there- where are they actually saved?
    Thanks!

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 610

default synth and kit names (so numbered presets) start with SYNTH### or KIT###.xml which may be why you don't see one labeled just 46.xml
    if you want to change 46 to 43 just re-save 46 on the deluge as 43 and then delete 46.
    also a little tip: when you save kit presets as numbers, when scrolling to different numbers a period shows that there is already a preset saved to that number. if there is no period then that means that preset slot is available and unused.

Thank you-I will investigate .

Thanks- how do you save it with a different name (number)? The manual says press audition +name but I cannot find ‘name ‘anywhere. It also says that it saves the kit row but I would like to save the kit under a different number. I am sorry for all of the probably obvious questions.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 610

to save the kit you hit save+kit then scroll or type 43

audition+name is for creating a new name for a specific row's sample, which is just for referencing when playing kit sounds and unrelated to saving the name of the whole kit preset. name shortcut is 13 across and 3 down on the grid.

Thanks!