Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midi Learn - 1 Global keyboard, and option to learn by midi channel

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184
edited December 2017 in Deluge Software Suggestions

1 global keyboard = A keyboard we can assign by midi channel to send note in to the track we are in
-This would be extremely beneficial to those with large workstation keys that could perform notes without having to learn/unlearn

option to learn by midi channel = This would allow us to set up "feedback looped" midi, in other words, channel 6 is routed to my jp08. I could then have the "midi learn" default to channel 6 for example, and then i could route the jp08's keys into that channel for recording, if I decided to use them.
-This would be extremely beneficial to set up multiple synths to have the ability to record back directly from the synth's midi keys, and if we could save these inputs to each channel, we could easily and quickly operate synths and have them set to record from their own keys, by the flick of a knob.

Currently, I would have to re-learn each section that I create, even if it is the same midi channel.

Post edited by rpc9943 on

Comments

tffshtttffshtt berlinPosts: 53

@rpc9943 said:
    1 global keyboard = A keyboard we can assign by midi channel to send note in to the track we are in
    -This would be extremely beneficial to those with large workstation keys that could perform notes without having to learn/unlearn

option to learn by midi channel = This would allow us to set up "feedback looped" midi, in other words, channel 6 is routed to my jp08. I could then have the "midi learn" default to channel 6 for example, and then i could route the jp08's keys into that channel for recording, if I decided to use them.
    -This would be extremely beneficial to set up multiple synths to have the ability to record back directly from the synth's midi keys, and if we could save these inputs to each channel, we could easily and quickly operate synths and have them set to record from their own keys, by the flick of a knob.

Currently, I would have to re-learn each section that I create, even if it is the same midi channel.

isn't this the way it already works or am I missing something? e.g. when I use my master keyboard to play a deluge synth I just change the MIDI channel of the master keyboard to play a synth on a different track / no relearning necessary

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

Hmmm I dont think that's how it's working. It doesn't follow the keyboard learn to any track youre looking at currently.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited December 2017

It works like that if you assign it to the different tracks and learn it once - Learn channel 1 to track 1, then go to track 2 and learn channel 2, and as long as the song-file is saved it'll stay that way so each channel controls their assigned track :)

But yes, it can't automatically control the track you're currently looking at

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ