β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Corrupted Samples on SD

Hi all,

Fairly longtime user here and had an unusual issue recently:

I recorded some vocal samples into the internal mic and used them in a track. All good and worked on it for several days, applied FX to sample etc etc but last night when I turned it on to do some more, that one particular source sample appears to be corrupted. I get an 'Unsupp' message when I load the project, and scrolling the SD card in a computer shows that sample in particular is still there, but not readable.

It still has it's .WAV extension and the file name is good, but it's become 730kb in size (it was a few mb before) and can't be read by any other DAW software.

Assuming something has happened to just that sample in the power up/power down process but really just looking for any info on whether this has happened to anyone else and if so, is there a best practice to avoid it in the future?

Any help/advice appreciated!

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Might be the SD card got corrupted?

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

@volsteh said:
    Might be the SD card got corrupted?

Yeah, I think that's a given - but as I say, it's specific to that one sample and everything else is fine.

What I'm looking to understand is what would have caused it and how to avoid it in the future.

Thanks!