Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Questions about external arpeggiator and play modes

Hi, I bought a Deluge last weekend and now I am waiting full of excitement for the device.

I already read the manual and watched lots of videos about the Deluge but there are two things where I am not sure if it´s possible to do.

1) I want to connect an external arpeggiator so that I can customize the arpeggiation more.
To do so I will probably buy the Arpie.

When I want to arpeggiate the Deluges internal synth engine I would have to connect the Deluge Midi Out with the Arpie Midi In to send notes and clock signal.
At the same time I would need to connect the Arpie Midi Out with the Deluge Midi In to send the arpeggiated Midi signal back to the Deluge.

As far as I understand I would need to create a Midi clip for the outgoing signal but I also would need to have a synth clip for the internal synth engine.
Is such a setup possible?

2) Is there something doable on the Deluge similar to Abletons session view?
Basically a mode/view where the clips don´t run along a timeline but where I can rather start/stop them in a non-linear way.

This is what I enjoyed most on Ableton because it´s for me the best way for live jamming.
In the Deluge manual I didn´t find anything about it, from what I read there it´s not possible neither in clip view nor arranger or song view.
But with all the possibilities that the Deluge has to offer I just wanted to ask anyway because maybe it´s still possible somehow.

Thanks in advance