Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Confused with editing section clips

luis_costaluis_costa PortugalBeta Tester Posts: 28

Hi,

I got my Deluge a little over a week ago and overall I'm starting to feel more comfortable with is workflow, but there's one thing that's been confusing me: I'm building a song that has several sections, so I've been cloning clips and adjusting them in each section and then building the song in the arranger view.
However, it has happened a few times already that changes that I've made on a particular section of the clip are reflected on all sections of that clip, while other times they aren't and I haven't been able to understand the pattern. Not sure if it's related, but usually I edit the clips directly from arranger view by pressing a "tail" pad to enter the clip.

Can someone explain to me what is the proper way to make adjustments to a section clip without changing other sections of it?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

If you make a change to one of the pink clips, for example, all pink clips in the arrangement will have the same change.
    If you want to make a change to only one of the clips, first hoops shift and press the clip to turn it white. It will now be unique and any changes made to it will only affect that clip.

@Too_Mere said:
    If you make a change to one of the pink clips, for example, all pink clips in the arrangement will have the same change.
    If you want to make a change to only one of the clips, first hoops shift and press the clip to turn it white. It will now be unique and any changes made to it will only affect that clip.

That's not the exact case... imagine: I have a kit track on a clip, and I have created different variations in song view by cloning the original clip and giving a different section color to each one. So I have the original pink version, then a yellow one, a blue one, etc.
    The thing is: in arranger view, sometimes when I edit the blue version of clip, the other section versions are changed too. It doesn't happen all the time, but I can't understand the pattern. For example, last night I transposed one of the kit's rows in a specific section, but all versions of the clip were transposed.

I see. There are certain parameters, mostly ones that are not mappable to the gold knobs, that will apply to all clips. This includes saturation, oscillator type, LP filter slope, etc.
    there’s really not a way of avoiding that besides cloning the preset to a new row in arranger with the different settings.
    Using custom 1 knob to transpose in a kit will not affect other sections.

Ahh ok, thanks for clarifying that!

No problem 👍🏼

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

Very useful info. Thanx again @Too_Mere , you are the Deluge Jedi.