Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Leaving The Birdcage - live ambient, percussion & synth performance

percussijanpercussijan GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 50

Post edited by percussijan on

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277
    edited January 2022

Yes! There it is! :smiley: What a story, you did this so well. So many textures and details and everything is so organic. Beautiful. It felt like a hybrid between soundtrack and audio drama. It doesn't get boring, you keep evolving the soundscape and keep the listener engaged. Also the production of the video was very nice. Good job and thanks for sharing!
    Can you explain the context of your performance? Where was this recorded and did it have something to do with the logos at the bottom?
    EDIT: Ah there it is, right at the end of the video :D

Post edited by Heptagen on

Thank you!! :smiley: <3

semarsemar Posts: 31

Very nice indeed !
    A technical question, you trigger the Deluge with the Arturia and Akai devices, right ? What exactly do they trigger on the deluge ? My guess is, you trigger audio recording/looping on the Deluge, right ?

Nice and inspiring jam ! Thanks for sharing !
    Take care,
    Sergio

@semar said:
    Very nice indeed !
    A technical question, you trigger the Deluge with the Arturia and Akai devices, right ? What exactly do they trigger on the deluge ? My guess is, you trigger audio recording/looping on the Deluge, right ?

Take care,
    Sergio

Thank you Sergio! :smile:
    Yes, right. I mainly use them to trigger the Deluge´s looper in the video.
    Additionally, both controllers are set up to control the hardware synths as well as Deluge´s internal synths or kits. Every synth has a dedicated MIDI channel "learned" into the Deluge and I can switch by just changing the MIDI channel on the keyboard or the preset on the pad controller. This way its easy to eg. loop or record MIDI and CC, too.

semarsemar Posts: 31

@percussijan said:

@semar said:
    Very nice indeed !

Take care,
    Sergio

Thank you Sergio! :smile:
    Yes, right. I mainly use them to trigger the Deluge´s looper in the video.
    Additionally, both controllers are set up to control the hardware synths as well as Deluge´s internal synths or kits. Every synth has a dedicated MIDI channel "learned" into the Deluge and I can switch by just changing the MIDI channel on the keyboard or the preset on the pad controller. This way its easy to eg. loop or record MIDI and CC, too.

Thank you percussijan for your kind explanation, and please keep on your really inspiring music compositions :-)

Best regards,
    Sergio