Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Can Deluge pass through midi sysex data?

WojoWojo GlasgowPosts: 1

Hi,

Intro:
I have a bit of a mind bending problem. I got Alpha Juno 2 wich sounds great, but has limited control from the level of the synthesizer interface. Along this synth, in 1985 Roland released dedicated programmer (PG-300) which allowed more control over the synth sound parameters. Alpha Juno 2 cannot be controlled with CC and easy MIDI mapping and is reading something that Roland calls Midi Exclusive messages ( I guess its sysex?). Nowadays there is plenty of desktop/iPad software which connects do Juno 2 via USB. (iPad->USB-MIDI->Juno) and sends this kind of control/messages.

The problem is - how can I control the parameters of Juno from the iPad/Desktop AND sequence Juno from the Deluge in the same time?

Is Deluge capable of passing through more complex MIDI signal including sysex? I'm asking before I commit my money into experimentation.

Would it work if I would connect my iPad via USB to MIDI adapter into Deluge MIDI IN and set Deluge MIDI to THROUGH to pass it to Juno?

Thanks in advance,

W