Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Silence reverb for a single kit row instantly

TraubTraub Beta Tester Posts: 8

Is there a way to do this? I can silence samples instantly/precisely by entering a note where I want the sample to end, holding it down and turning down the row volume (automation) and then removing the note again. But when I try this for the reverb parameter, the reverb keeps sounding. I guess this is expected behavior for a reverb but I was wondering if there is a workaround for this? Seem to recall I was able to do this at some point.

Tagged:

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

The reverb parameter works like a send to a master reverb effect. If you’re trying to cut the reverb tail short you’ll need to resample the sound with reverb and then you’ll have more sculpting possibilities.

TraubTraub Beta Tester Posts: 8

Aha thanks! Thought I figured this out by using a dummy row that sends a sidechain signal to silence the reverb but this affects the global reverb of course

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem!
    Yes, global reverb is affected by sidechain to the same extent as whichever sound has the most reverb. Or you can use the sidechain parameter under the reverb settings menu to dial it in.