Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Firmware

BezalelBezalel United StatesPosts: 54

Hey guys I was prompted to use a fresh as card. With the new bin.file
So I formatted one of my old card, and now I'm trying to figure out the order order of downloading and installing

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Not sure what you mean by order of downloading and installing.
    Just make sure to add all folders/factory content and the bin file on the root menu.

Then update by inserting SD card and holding shift while powering on the Deluge.

So do I download the Deluge factory SD card contents for firmware v2.1/v3.x (322mb) first then Deluge firmware v3.1.5? Then take all the content from my prior card...

Somehow I either soft brick or hard bricked my unit.

So I was told to take a fresh card and do a reset.. as of now my unit will not turn on. I'm hoping it's a soft brick

In that case, I’d start with only factory content folders and 3.1.5 bin on the card. Then attempt the reset.

If you get it working again, you can add your previous content from the other card.

Sorry to bother you to the max too_mere..
    But can you please give me a step by step course on doing this...?
    If it helps it's my 49th birthday today😏

Much appreciated bro

No worries! Happy Birthday!

So first make sure the new is correctly formatted to fat32. That process varies from Mac to pc. If it’s a new card that’s 32gb or lower you may not need to do this.

1. Download the factory content from Synthstrom. And add the card. This show up on the top menu of the card as four folders, KITS, SAMPLES, SONGS, SYNTHS and nothing else.

2. Download the firmware 3.1.5 bin file and add it to the card. It should be among the four folders mentioned above. Top menu of the card.

3. Then perform the reset. If you were told to do a factory reset, hold select while turning on. To update firmware, hold shift while turning on.

4. If all is successful, add your previous content to the respective folders that are already in the new card. And watch out for duplicates.

Wow!
    When I hold select and power on it does nothing.
    When I hold shift and power on, it says update (briefly).. then just says FiLE...

And nothing more... No lights or anything just FiLE

Thanks

Are you certain you have the correct contents in the SD? Just the folders I mentioned above?
    Maybe try another SD card if you can.

Also make sure you’re getting power. Maybe check that the battery is properly seated and plug in mains power.