Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Manually selecting CC to assign to synth param (for an XY pad)

YwenYwen Paris, FrancePosts: 21
edited December 2021 in Deluge Help

Hello, I'm using a Roli Lightpad Block as an XY pad, but when I want to assign its CCs to some synth param, the Deluge can't learn it properly since it seems to always learn the Y direction (since the pad always sends both CCs at the same time, and probably X first then Y).
I know the actual CCs being sent, is there a way to manually assign a CC to a synth param and not use the automatic Learn?

Post edited by Ywen on
Tagged:

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Are you using the beta? There is better support for MPE with 4.0, currently in beta.

YwenYwen Paris, FrancePosts: 21
    edited January 2022

@Too_Mere I'm not. But I'm not using the Lightpad as an MPE device (Roli blocks can be set not to use MPE), I set it to just act as a regular XY pad (à la Kaoss Pad), so it just sends two different CCs on channel 1 all the time.

Does something change re. assignment of regular CCs in the 4.0?

Post edited by Ywen on
    Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No change to regular cc assignment. But the X and Y directions are detected as MPE and can be selected as mod sources.

There’s other ways you could isolate and send the desired cc for the learning process. For one you could connect MIDI out to MIDI in and create a MIDI clip with the desired channel and automate the cc value you’re trying to learn. Then learn it to the synth.
    But I think just utilizing the upcoming MPE will be a lot more straightforward.