Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midimix sending CC straight to external synths

scubisnaksscubisnaks United StatesPosts: 6

Hey y'all. Having a weird issue with my setup and I haven't been able to find a solution.

TLDR: My Midimix controller (connected to the deluge via USB) is sending CC values straight to the external synths (connected to midi out). The CC values seem to be premapped to the midimix, but turning off midi-thru on the deluge and changing the midi channels of the external synths doesn't solve the problem.

Full description:

My basic setup is:

Akai Midimix connected to the deluge via USB
Behringer Deepmind 6 connected to Midi Out
Roland SE-02 connected to midi thru on the DM6

I do all my drums on the deluge, and am trying to use the midimix to control the drums (faders for volume, knobs for effects, etc). However, whenever I fiddle with any of the knobs on the midimix it sends CC parameters to the external synths, changing the sound of those synths. Looking into the midimix, it seems like the CC values are premapped to the knobs and faders (see: p. 6 of this doc).

So far I've tried changing the incoming midi channels on the external synths, and switching on/off Midi Thru on the deluge, but I'm still getting the issue. I was able to work around this on the DM6 by turning off incoming CC, but ideally, I'd like to be able to send CC values from the deluge, just not have them sent directly from the midimix.

Any idea why this is happening or how I can fix it?