Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI clock trouble in Logic's cycle mode

HannesHannes GermanyPosts: 83
edited October 2021 in Deluge Help

Hi everyone,
I got a little problem with MIDI clock settings when combining the Deluge with Logic Pro X.

Situation is as follows: 'cycle mode' (simply a loop) in logic is enabled. Logic is sending clock (via USB) to Deluge. clock mode in project settings in Logic is set to "Song - SPP at Play Start and Stop/SPP/Continue at Cycle Jump"

Problem: the Deluge is 'running out of clock' every time a cycle (loop) is starting again after reaching its end.
When playback is stopped and I hit "play", i.e. the cycle starts from its beginning, clock is ok. But as already said, when the cycle starts again, clock is out of time.
When a cycle is running, I can fast forward or backwards without clock problems. Its only appearing when the cycle starts again.

When I set clock mode in Logic to "Pattern - quantized clock start based on pattern length" , the problem does not occur. but this mode ain't really working for me and my setup.

I already tried to play around with MIDI settings on the Deluge but with no success.
Can anybody help me out with that? Its quite frustrating!

Thanks everybody and all the best

Hardware:
Logic Pro X 10.6.1 running on iMac with enough RAM, GHZ and what not...
Deluge

Post edited by Hannes on