Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Importing a synth preset sound into a kit

JoangeJoange EspañaPosts: 52

I just created an FM Hi-hat using a synth track (since it doesn't let you use FM in a kit, or so it seemed to me) and want to import it to a custom kit (already with subtractive kick and snare created). How can I do that? Do I have to resample it or can I keep the "synth" propierties in the kit, so I am able to tweak the parameters?
I created the kick following this enlightning tutorial: https://youtube.com/watch?v=jQmnjs72jDs
The snare was custom made following the same principles.
But for the hat wanted to try FM. I am just beggining to grasp how it works and I'm quite excited about the possibilities it offers.
Thanks!

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

It’s not currently possible to load synth presets into kit rows. Synth engine sounds within kits must be made from scratch. So resampling is an option.
    However, FM is possible within kit rows. After making a synth row in the kit with audition pad + synth button, use the SYNTH MODE shortcut to select FM. From there you can just manually adjust the parameters to mimic the hihat synth.
    This may be possible through editing the XML files but that can be tricky.

JoangeJoange EspañaPosts: 52

Awesome, thanks! I was creating the new row using aud+kit. Would be nice to be able to copy-paste the sounds, so tweaking an open/closed hat would be a matter of seconds. Just dreamin'!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Happy to help! 👍🏼