Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Kit Maker and Softsynth Presets

MorbidazMorbidaz Australia Posts: 4

Hello everyone, new here and eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new Deluge purchase.
Before my unit arrives i had some questions that I hoped the community could answer for me.

The first question I have is regarding Drum kit assembly from samples. I have a program called Kit Maker that creates a kit from sample packs and machine expansions. I can then just drop them straight into a drum rack in Ableton like regular Ableton kits. I'm curious as to whether I can use this method to add kits to my Deluge sd card. If so, it will save me a heap of time as I have what I use already made into kits. Does anyone know if I can use this software in the same way for the Deluge?

The second question.. I am not a hardware guy, predominantly software studio setup other than some midi controllers and an axe fx. I have a heap of plugins- Omnisphere, Trillian, Serum, Kontakt Komplete Ultimate, a bunch of kontakt libraries etc.. Is it the same process to multisample favourite softsynth presets and load them onto the Deluge as it is for hardware multisampling?
What is the most efficient software to use to help with this process for a noob at such a thing?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I’m not familiar with Kit Maker. But if you have a folder with samples you want to be in a single kit, you can create a new kit, browse to that folder and long press the select knob to then select ALL. This loads all the samples in the folder into a kit.

For melodic multisamples, Sample Robot works very well for sampling soft synths and external synths. It creates Deluge synth presets as well. A bit pricey but works well.

LegsMechanicalLegsMechanical United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 49

@Morbidaz said:
    Hello everyone, new here and eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new Deluge purchase.
    Before my unit arrives i had some questions that I hoped the community could answer for me.

The first question I have is regarding Drum kit assembly from samples. I have a program called Kit Maker that creates a kit from sample packs and machine expansions. I can then just drop them straight into a drum rack in Ableton like regular Ableton kits. I'm curious as to whether I can use this method to add kits to my Deluge sd card. If so, it will save me a heap of time as I have what I use already made into kits. Does anyone know if I can use this software in the same way for the Deluge?

The second question.. I am not a hardware guy, predominantly software studio setup other than some midi controllers and an axe fx. I have a heap of plugins- Omnisphere, Trillian, Serum, Kontakt Komplete Ultimate, a bunch of kontakt libraries etc.. Is it the same process to multisample favourite softsynth presets and load them onto the Deluge as it is for hardware multisampling?
    What is the most efficient software to use to help with this process for a noob at such a thing?

The new kitmaker beta has official support for deluge!

There’s also an app in beta from the same dude that’ll create multisampled instruments and supports deluge. Presetmaker

Thank you! I will have to check if there is an update for my version.
    This is awesome news 😀

@Morbidaz said:
    Thank you! I will have to check if there is an update for my version.
    This is awesome news 😀

You should be able to find it on the gumroad site pretty easily. It’s wonderful. And presetmaker will even convert maschine sampled instruments to del synths (although the resulting preset ends up transposed up a half step at the moment... dev is aware and will be fixing)

Just a follow up. My Deluge arrived today. I had already used Kitmaker to put together all my Maschine kit expansions ready to load onto the sd.
    After doing so all the kits were loading fine. However, dialing in a kit preset from the now hundreds of kits available is not at all intuitive.

Each maschine expansion has multiple different kits under the one name (I.e the Amplified Funk exp has about 27 separate kits made from kitmaker, all named Amplified Funk followed by a kit name like 3onIt). This is far to confusing to scroll through on the Deluge.
    Trying to read the display which looks more like the glyphs on the Predators self destruct armband is very difficult.

Rather than rename every single kit I had made, I tried to organise each kit into appropriate folders on the sd within the kit folder.
    This gave me a FOLD error on the Deluge.
    I'm assuming that I cannot for some reason organise kits and synth presets into different folder categories for easier recall?
    Is this the case or have I made a mistake somewhere?

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

There cannot be folders within the SYNTH, KIT, or SONG folders. Currently, the best option is to rename and/or using prefixes in the names.

Can’t recommend Bulk Renamer enough for organizing preset names. Windows only, but I’m sure there’s a Mac equivalent.

@LegsMechanical said:
    Can’t recommend Bulk Renamer enough for organizing preset names. Windows only, but I’m sure there’s a Mac equivalent.

For what it’s worth, All my presets have an abbreviation identifying the set it’s from, a period, and the name. Makes it easy to browse “bank by bank” using the preset search function.

Eg: M2.909Kit.xml is the name of my 909 kit from the maschine 2 library.

I highly recommend using periods as separators when using the Del since they don’t use up a character in the screen like a dash or space.

I'm on Windows so I will have to check out Bulk Renamer and rename my kits to something easier to identify on the screen.

Thank you for the responses.

Is there any hope of an update that could help with this problem? Something that allowed for a nested folder hierarchy for synth presets and kits? I'd imagine this would be I highly requested feature. Is there some sort of technical limitation that prevents this type of thing being implemented?