Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Processing Sample Through External Fx Pedal Issue

FnordFnord CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 21

I'm trying to run audio from a KIT loaded with vocal samples through a pedal and record it back onto a new row in the same KIT (ie clean sample on 1st row, processed on the row above). Audio is routing directly out of the deluge to the pedal and back in.

Is there a way to do this without getting a crazy feedback loop? If not, can you recommend another straightforward method?

Cheers

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

@Fnord said:
    I'm trying to run audio from a KIT loaded with vocal samples through a pedal and record it back onto a new row in the same KIT (ie clean sample on 1st row, processed on the row above). Audio is routing directly out of the deluge to the pedal and back in.

Is there a way to do this without getting a crazy feedback loop? If not, can you recommend another straightforward method?

Cheers

The one way I know you can do external processing like this would be to pan the kit sounds all the way left or right. And make sure there’s no stereo delay or reverb happening. Then send that output you panned to thru the effects and back into the Deluge input in the opposite channel from the one you panned to (you may need a splitter for this). Then setup an audio clip with the input set to the appropriate channel. You can now record to this audio clip with the external effects. You can use that audio file or resample and load the audio into the kit.

Answers

Do you aim to play back the processed version in real time? In that case your setup won't work because the deluge doesn't have the ability to route signals different paths, they all go out the main out and that's it and this will always end up in a feedback loop.
    I think that this limit prevents any other straightforward method or workaround.