Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

just dropped my first album and it's like 90% deluge

sckdrwrsckdrwr Bay Area, California, USAPosts: 9

i feel like i owe the deluge so much. every song on my first album was composed pretty much entirely on it with all external gear sequenced by it. even before that, on my first two ep's there was only one song that wasn't made on it. the vast majority of synth sounds i use come directly from its internal synth engines. as a musician, it's pretty much a part of me.

this time last year, i was in a place where i believed that i was incapable of making music. it was just this thing that i obsessively consumed and could never make. but then last fall, i finally took the plunge and just started trying. quickly i discovered that this was a form of art that actually did gel with my brain. with visual art, i so often just wanted to try to capture and translate a feeling and found myself falling short. but with music (especially once combined with visuals) it suddenly started to work. it felt like when i showed someone a song i made, they at least were able to kind of take a peek inside my head and feel what i was feeling.

so yeah, that’s kinda what this album is. it’s just a document of how i feel about my daily routines and about how i spend my time. it’s got some old songs, some new ones. it’s all threaded together with field recordings i took during my whatever days. it’s short (and hopefully sweet) and it really does everything i wanted my first album to do.

if you wanna take a listen to the album, "infrequent life changes" is streaming pretty much anywhere you already listen to music.

and if you want a little sample here's one of the songs:

Comments

tamlyntamlyn LondonBeta Tester Posts: 32

Beautiful track. The field recordings really add to the dreamy quality and give it depth. I'm going to give the whole album a listen.