Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midi recording from external controller

Hello,

Some questions abour recording midi notes live from an external controller.

1 - To connect your midi controller to the current track, you hold learn, audition than press a key on the controller. And how to disconnect , so i can connect in another track ? The question is because my controller is very menu diving to select midi channel, so i prefer to leave it on a fixed channel and connect to new tracks on the Deluge on demand

2 - When you click record and then play, deluge will start to record notes forever. Is there a way to limit the recording length, for instance at 4 bars only or better yet, consider the current clip lenght and record only on this lenght ?

3 - About the previous question, in Ableton the behaviour when you start to record 4 bars is : when the bar ends, if you don't stop, Ableton will delete the previous recorded notes while it records the new ones ; this is good because you can keep recording until you get a good result. Can the Deluge act this way too ?

Thanks, i'm loving this little box :smile: