Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How do I delete a loop (audio clip) recorded in Song view?

I can't figure this out for the life of me and the audio and looping section doesn't seem to describe how todo this. I have recorded an 8 bar loop from another groove box to an audio track in song view. Unfortunately the time stretching is funky on it (I think because the deluge tempo was different?) and I need to re-record/overdub the audio.

I can't seem to do anything with the audio track though. When I try to arm it again, it just flashes a purple color. If I hit Shift+Delete like I would for a synth/kit it just gives me "LAST" flashing on the screen.

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

"LAST" means that you can't delete that row because it's the last one there. You can create a new one (any type) and then delete said row.

A track that flashes purple is armed, too. It's just a different mode, where you can overdub the recording in the next rows. If you prefer the red arming mode, just press record + arm again to change the mode. Note that an audio track has to be empty to record something into it.

If you want to delete your recording, just press "back / undo" directly after stopping. Or enter the audio clip (so that you can see its waveform) and press <> + back/undo.