Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Incorrect waveforms displayed for audio clips ended with SHIFT+MUTE?

galengalen Beta Tester Posts: 22

Hi all,

I'm noticing that the Deluge is incorrectly displaying the waveforms of audio clips whose recording is ended with SHIFT+MUTE. Such clips often have their waveforms displayed off-center and with very low, almost-constant amplitude. For example, here is the waveform of a clip of my saying "one, two, three, four" that I ended by pressing the clip's MUTE button:

And here is the waveform of a clip of my saying the same thing, at the same volume, with the mic at the same distance, but ending the recording by pressing SHIFT+MUTE:

The off-center, flat display of the waveform is a common factor, though how off-center and in what direction seems to vary. Here is a "SHIFT+MUTE" clip of some vocal audio run through a delay pedal:

And here is another of the same audio run through a different delay pedal on similar settings:

I also seem to be finding that SHIFT+MUTE clips occasionally throw their audio out. That is, I begin recording an audio clip, I end it with SHIFT+MUTE, I go into clip view to view its waveform, and when I go back to song view the clip becomes empty. Going back into clip view reveals no waveform at all. However, I haven't been able to reproduce this with any regularity.

Are others able to reproduce this odd waveform behavior? If so, what is the proper avenue for bug reporting?

Thanks!

Comments

DaEmbassyDaEmbassy SydneyPosts: 54

From me, unfortunately, Bump.

Perhaps @Too_Mere might have some insight. He's the smartest Guy I know using the Deluge.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

You’re right. This does seem to be a visual bug. I think @rohan should be able to handle this.

Thanks @DaEmbassy :smile:

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Thanks everyone! I've replicated and largely determined the cause of the problem. It's actually a trickier one to fix, but I'll come back to it shortly and do so :)