Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Lowlight Lowlife | Deluge & Behringer Pro-1

Hey guys, first time posting a link to my stuff on these forums. A little fun last night with some heavily saturated 808 samples, with the Behringer Pro-1 providing some wormy bass.

Tagged:

Comments

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

Hello, welcome and thanks for sharing.

This is a really nice track. I like the interesting chords, the relaxed but brooding groove and the patient arrangement. It all fits together really nicely, with one small exception. Occasionally, to my tired old ears at least, those long 808 kicks clash with the sub frequencies of the Pro-1 (which sounds amazing otherwise, I should add).

Looking forward to hearing more of your music. And you are in the right place if you want to hear and support other Deluge artists.

BeatDSMBeatDSM Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 3

@Alder_Dice said:
    Hello, welcome and thanks for sharing.

This is a really nice track. I like the interesting chords, the relaxed but brooding groove and the patient arrangement. It all fits together really nicely, with one small exception. Occasionally, to my tired old ears at least, those long 808 kicks clash with the sub frequencies of the Pro-1 (which sounds amazing otherwise, I should add).

Looking forward to hearing more of your music. And you are in the right place if you want to hear and support other Deluge artists.

Hey thanks for the well considered feedback! The mix sounds fine to me, I guess, but I think I see what you're getting out. I have two studio monitors but I don't have a sub, and it makes me wonder how much bass I'm missing out on when it comes to my music, and how that might be affecting it. Hmmm, might need to look into that.