Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

CV problems, voltage drop

tjaktjak Copenhagen, DenmarkPosts: 3

My CV output 1 suddenly seemed to stop working. CV output 2 is still working.

I had an external CV module connected to my Deluge and it was playing some random arpeggios when the sound from the CV module suddenly changed to very low pitch notes.

When using the up/down Deluge knob, the still working CV2 output allows me to play notes ranging up to the note D6 (like previously, I assume). CV1 on the other hand now allows me to play up to the note E50 (!) and even further. This is the case even if I unplug everything from the Deluge (power, USB and even all the patch cables).

An Eurorack oscilloscope, which I have, reveals that the voltage seems to have to dropped to about a tenth on the CV1 output when compared to playing the same note on CV2. As a result, on CV2, the voltage increases only very slightly when I change the note (for an unwanted "microtonal" effect). The gate output still seems to work. I have also tried removing the SD card just to be sure some setting isn't loaded from it.

Did something snap inside the device or is it a new microtonal mode that appears suddenly as a surprise? :)

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Thomas

Tagged:

Comments

A short follow-up. Okay, so CV2 output also has some issues put a little bit different it seems. The distance between C1 and C2 for example is larger than on CV1 but not one octave, and on CV2 the Deluge now accepts notes down to E-50 (minus fifty - and further). I have tested my external CV module with another keyboard which also able to output CV signals and that works as expected (i.e., without the Deluge).

Ok, so I think I solved my issue but would still like some feedback about what may have happened.

To solve it, I dived into the CV sub menu (where I haven't been before) and could see that V/oct was not set to 1V (as it most likely was previously since the sound was okay) but instead way lower (0.1 or something like that).

I am pretty sure I didn't go into these menus earlier and in fact I didn't touch the Deluge when the change happened. Any ideas about why the setting was suddenly wrong?