Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Frequent Freeze

betzebetze LondonBeta Tester Posts: 8

Hi all,
I recently had a break from making music and have picked up the Deluge last week again.
To my big disappointment, I am running into major issues now.

The Deluge freezes and plays a relatively high pitched tone. It happened almost every time after maybe around 20min or so..
It does not seem to related to some specific funcion as I am doing nothing demanding/different than what I did for months before (loading 3-4 samples and adding a couple of synth tracks) - an. It happens when powered by battery AND through USB and the battery still has charge left. I tried resetting the SD card, factory resetting the Deluge, and reinstalling the latest Firmware.

If anyone has come across something similar - please let me know. I might replace the battery just in case but this is the last thing I can think of that I could try..

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Seems like an abnormal issue, @Ian_Jorgensen should probably advise

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

pdp8pdp8 worldPosts: 2

I am experiencing similar problems (random freezes with high pitched tone) since I have integrated the Deluge into a larger setup. I did not have enough time to debug properly and I suspect that freezes happen only in a single (corrupted?) song. My Deluge is powered by USB from a BlueBox Mixer, I was using it mostly standalone before.

betzebetze LondonBeta Tester Posts: 8

Thanks for your posts. The new battery has arrived meaning I will be test it in the next days to see if it fixed the issue. Another possibility that came to mind: maybe the samples themself are breaking the Deluge? I don't use many samples but perhaps the sample/bitrate is causing issues. Usually it would throw an "unsupported" for bad samples - which it didn't in this case but just trying to think about any possible cause here..

pdp8pdp8 worldPosts: 2

In my case I can exlude a corrupted song as the culprit, because I had a freeze with an empty song today (without noise obviously) without any interaction on the connected devices. Maybe I am having some strange USB feedback with the BlueBox (but MIDI in/clock is disabled at the Deluge). Just speculating, I will try to play without USB charging for some time to find out if the USB connection is the source of the problems.