Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Possible to link clips together?

civilserfcivilserf SingaporePosts: 1

Hi there,

I want to create different versions of an audio clip for different parts of a song but I only use audio clips. When clips are cloned, they are linked. Is it possible to manually link two audio clips together to achieve this behavior?

Thank you.

Answers

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Before recording: Change the record arm status of the clip, by holding Rec in song view and pressing the clip's mutepad so it becomes red instead of purple. Purple means play together, red means only play one at a time.
    Consecutive clips with overdubs/ layers recorded in this audio track will be linked.

After recording: Hold a clip in song view or enter its clip view, and turn the select knob to the same Audio track number as the clip you want to link to, i.e. so that the 2 clips share the same audio track instead of being in different ones.

Hopefully you have understood what the difference between tracks and clips is -
    tracks exist in arranger view, clips are seen in song view. and clips live in the same or different tracks.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ