Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midi Track in Kit

How can i assign cc values to midi tracks in kits?

Comments

PsynthronautPsynthronaut Beta Tester Posts: 5

Ups, wrong thread

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

You can't :smile:

Ok, thank you

edited June 2021

I have Digitakt in a Deluge Kit.
    All Tracks of Digitakt are on Channel 8.

1. If i press the Audition Button for Track 1 on Deluge, Digitakt should activate Track 1
      If i press the Audition Button for Track 2 on Deluge, Digitakt should activate Track 2

If i press Track 1 on Digitakt, Deluge should activate Audition Pad 1
      If i press Track 2 on Digitakt, Deluge should activate Audition Pad 2
      .....and so on

2. If i mute a track on Digitakt, it should be also muted on Deluge
      If i mute a track on Deluge, it should be also muted on Digitakt

Is this possible?

Post edited by Psynthronaut on
    edited June 2021

I don't have a Digitakt but I used to. Take this advice with a grain of salt:

"If i press the Audition Button for Track 1 on Deluge, Digitakt should activate Track 1"

What do you mean by activate? Unmute? Looking at the Digitakt manual (pg 66 is your friend), it looks like the mutes respond to CC messages, which can not be sent from a Deluge kit. So I'd say, no. It's not possible to send mutes from a Deluge kit.

If you simply mean trigger the sample, then I think you can get this to work. Look at the MIDI learn functionality in the Deluge manual. And see my note at the bottom about MIDI channels.

"If i mute a track on Deluge, it should be also muted on Digitakt"

Muting a row on a Deluge kit sends no MIDI message as far as I know. So nope.

"If i mute a track on Digitakt, it should be also muted on Deluge"

I'm not sure if the Digitakt sends messages for mute/unmute. If it does, then maybe you can get the Deluge to learn these as mutes/unmutes on the corresponding kit rows. Possible?

"All Tracks of Digitakt are on Channel 8"

Any reason you're doing this? I'd think the setup would be much more flexible if you allowed for each Digitakt track to be on a different MIDI channel. For example, I don't think this mute behavior per track will work from any device if the Digitakt tracks are all on the same channel.

Try to focus on one functionality at a time. Hopefully someone with a DT and Deluge will chime in :)

Post edited by Affectionate_Bee_781 on

Thank you for your answer. I am pretty new to all this materia and i am learning day by day. I am just trying out different configurations, workflows, with different devices and try to get the most out of it as far as my understanding goes to that time. Maybe some ideas might be useless, but that means that i have not understood to processes & ideas fully so i go further tinkering around.

I just thought, that it would be nice, that when i am in Song mode i can "fold & unfold" the kit. If i would give each track on digitakt its own midi channel, i thought i would waste midi channels and also the song mode will be not so full of rows. So i put them all to 8 and then in a kit. By activate i mean that eg. if you press on 2 on Digitakt then you have access to all parameters on 2 because 2 is active. If you press on 7 then 7 is active for parameter changes. But i did not want to make it active from Digitakt.

I had tried to use the learn button. But i was not sure if it is possible or if i do something wrong.
    It was just simply not working. I think i remember this from some youtube video. But it was not Digitakt in this tutorial i think.Thats why i was asking.

But, i have understood, that there is no chance to send a cc value within a kit to digitakt.

I also changed the Setup. Today i will not seqence the Digitakt from deluge, it wll only follow.
    Somehow it felt like that the digitakt cannot unfold its full power in this configuration.
    But only a feeling, till now not a fact :)

The Digitakt sequencer is really powerful and offers a lot of different features than the Deluge sequencer. I actually think that running them how you mention will offer you the most flexibility.

As far as the "active" aspect .. AFAIK: if DT track 1 is set to listen to MIDI channel 1, then the parameters will respond to those CC values no matter if it is active on the screen or not. With the DT's 2 LFOs and parameter locks, I don't think sending CCs from the Deluge will offer you any more control.

Yes, I think you would need 8 MIDI clips on the Deluge to control the mute states of the Digitakt. Again, maybe someone else will chime in with a clever workaround (or something obvious we missed). Regardless, enjoy those two really fun machines!

By the way, you can have rows in a Deluge kit correspond to different MIDI channels :smiley: