Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI controllers not properly recognized

0x00f0x00f BarcelonaBeta Tester Posts: 6

Hi! I've an A&H Xone K2, and an Edirol/Roland PCR-300 and neither of them are properly recognized with the current firmware v3.1.5

What "properly" means: Both controllers get power from the Deluge but only the Xone K2 is recognized on boot. Even it is recognized, when I map/learn any control it doesn't behave smoothly on the Deluge side, values jump slowly in big increments, very weird and not usable at all.

Note for Rohan: Using my imagination here, the issue could be that as the K2 also implements an audio interface using the same USB port, the Deluge gets confused between the MIDI and "Audio" messages.

To be able to play with the the PCR-300 I need to follow a sequence:

1. Boot the Deluge with the Xone K2 connected
  2. Disconnect the K2 and connect the PCR-300

After doing that, the PCR-300 starts working like a charm, I can map/learn any param and the value changes are recognized smoothly.

WDYT?

Tagged:

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@0x00f said:

the issue could be that as the K2 also implements an audio interface using the same USB port, the Deluge gets confused between the MIDI and "Audio" messages.

Yes, the Deluge can't deal with devices that present themselves as more than one port/ hub - for example, a 7-port USB hub is actually presented as 4 + 3 ports, and some midi devices do that too. So the boot sequence you describe probably affects how the Del sees the ports

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

0x00f0x00f BarcelonaBeta Tester Posts: 6

Hi all! I just want to confirm that the Xone K2 is currently working fine with the new 4.x versions