Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

step note entry - for keyboard midi in

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

It may be a nice feature for maybe a step by step mode so that we can enter a mode, then press where on the grid we want to enter a note and play the note(s) on a keyboard and it enters it in.

Comments

I'll second this thought! I've found that when I jam on my keyboard for ideas I get carried away. I tried a work around for recording midi notes where I would make the loop length very long but thats not working well in practice to edit through lots of unusable material. The Korg minilogue had this feature of pressing 1~4 notes in per step fashion. Each step advances to the next position in the sequence. The only annoyance with that is needing different note lengths as you play. They have a note tie function but overall this felt too mechanical for me. I like the naturalness of being in the moment. What would be awesome (note I'm an amateur still so perhaps theres a better approach to all this) is if one could enter a: Relative Auto-start stop recording mode:
    1. Set the tempo
    2. Set the resolution, say 1/16th
    3. Quantize is auto to nearest 1/16th
    4. Start entering in notes in Relative Step Record Mode
    5. Each time you press a new set of notes, the cursor moves in actual record time across the screen from where you were last
    6. Each time you let go, the cursor stops in its relative spot on the grid to the nearest quantized (or not) beat

Something like this would work so well for recording and then later editing on Deluge as well as arranging songs later. My 2 cents!

Cheers!