Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Multisample loop point playback mode

I have some multisamples that I created in the MPC Beats software that I loaded into a synth. When playing back the multisamples, there is an audible glitch. When I show the waveform, I can see that the Deluge is playing from the start of the sample to the end loop point and then jumps to the loop in point, causing a glitch. Is there a ping pong mode when using multisamples with loop points? Meaning the sample plays from the start and when it hits the end loop point it plays backwards to the start loop point and ping pongs between the two until you release the note?

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

No ping pong mode.
    Audio pops and clicks are typical when audio material is not cut right at a zero-crossing.
    You can try moving the loop points to get closer to the zero-crossings i.e. flat middle-line with no waveforms/ inbetween waves.
    Otherwise, you could try loop-point setting software that makes crossfades - I know SampleRobot does it for example.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Ok, that's a bummer. Then is there any way to turn off loop playback for multisamples other than deleting the loop points?

@blindcinema said:
    Ok, that's a bummer. Then is there any way to turn off loop playback for multisamples other than deleting the loop points?

Just switch the playback mode :) Bottom left shortcut(s). Usually Cut is best for multisamples, then use the envelope to shape the amplitude

Awesome, thanks!

@blindcinema said:
    Awesome, thanks!

Cheers! Happy Deluging