Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Per-step parameter locks?

Hello, quick question that I can't find answered anywhere. I'm new to the Deluge and am coming from the Elektron workflow. Just wondering if it's possible to have per-step parameter locks in a synth track? Eg, have two notes in a sequence with shorter decay time. Is recording automation the only way to achieve this or is there a way to affect just these two notes? Cheers!
(I've posted this in the private Facebook group as well, sorry if I should only be doing one or the other)

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited June 2021

Yes it is, just hold a note and turn a gold knob :) Simply learn the decay parameter to a gold knob (or any other learnable parameter that isn't tied to a gold knob by default.)
    To do this, enter the parameter, hold the Learn button and turn a gold knob so the screen says LEARn.
    Keep in mind that the step automation locks to the step itself, not the note!
    I.e. it'll be there after you delete the note

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

tombluetomblue Posts: 21

You're a legend! Thanks very much.
    So applying per-step parameter locks like this has to be via the gold knobs? I was trying to hold a note and use Shift+grid functions

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@tomblue said:
    You're a legend! Thanks very much.
    So applying per-step parameter locks like this has to be via the gold knobs? I was trying to hold a note and use Shift+grid functions

You are correct! Cheers :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ