Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Newbie question: Export/save slices?

Dear Forum,

I have recorded a 9 min. track with the resample function.

Now I'd like to slice it into 8 parts of equal length.

I have learned how to slice it with the "SLICING AUDIO ACROSS A NEW KIT" workflow.

My question is: Is there a way to save those 8 parts as 8 separate files on disc and import it onto my computer?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Since those slices still reference the original full audio file, you’ll probably need to resample each of the 8 slices. Hold rec + audition pad to resample.

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

@Howdy_Stranger said:
    My question is: Is there a way to save those 8 parts as 8 separate files on disc and import it onto my computer?

The Deluge just stores the sample once, and the slices are really just a different sample start/end points. This way, slices can overlap, etc.

If you're exporting to a computer, it's probably better to do the slicing in software anyway.

@Too_Mere said:
    Since those slices still reference the original full audio file, you’ll probably need to resample each of the 8 slices. Hold rec + audition pad to resample.

Hey Too_Mere and hexagon5un,

Thank you for your comments and replies. I will try to resample the slices :-)

Thanks