Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How can I update old song files into my self-created template?

Hi there,

The last weeks I spent some time in creating a template containing some basic clips (that I mostly need all the time) as well as a lot of MIDI mappings and smaller configurations. As I'm using the Deluge alongside a lot of periphal gear and MIDI controllers, everything is working like a charm now!

However, as I still want to finish some of my older song files, I'd like to update these with all the adjustments I made in my template. I'm aware of the possibility to copy/paste note and automation data, but unfortunately this doesn't allow me to copy the sound itself. The only workaround I see right now is to save the sound in beforehand as a SYNTH/KIT clip to select it afterwards and then copy/paste the note and automation data into the template.

Unfortunately all of the MIDI mappings I did are saved in a SYNTH/KIT preset rather than the actual template itself. As soon as I change the SYNTH/KIT preset, everything is gone..

Do you guys have any ideas on how to get around this? I actually don't want to do all the adjustments for every of these older song files.

Thanks and greetings from Germany

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited May 2021

@nicsnutzius said:
    Hi there,

The last weeks I spent some time in creating a template containing some basic clips (that I mostly need all the time) as well as a lot of MIDI mappings and smaller configurations. As I'm using the Deluge alongside a lot of periphal gear and MIDI controllers, everything is working like a charm now!

However, as I still want to finish some of my older song files, I'd like to update these with all the adjustments I made in my template. I'm aware of the possibility to copy/paste note and automation data, but unfortunately this doesn't allow me to copy the sound itself. The only workaround I see right now is to save the sound in beforehand as a SYNTH/KIT clip to select it afterwards and then copy/paste the note and automation data into the template.

Unfortunately all of the MIDI mappings I did are saved in a SYNTH/KIT preset rather than the actual template itself. As soon as I change the SYNTH/KIT preset, everything is gone..

Do you guys have any ideas on how to get around this? I actually don't want to do all the adjustments for every of these older song files.

Thanks and greetings from Germany

You can edit the XMLs themselves! Using an XML editor. Its actually pretty straightforward. You'd just need to copy the new stuff into the old files. Know anything about XML? No worries if you don't :)

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

niceszettniceszett Posts: 5

Thanks for your reply. I was actually just a little bit afraid that editing the XML itself might be to complicated, I was only looking at it through Windows notepad. But maybe it's easier than I thought, do you have any recommendation for an XML editor?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@nicsnutzius said:
    Thanks for your reply. I was actually just a little bit afraid that editing the XML itself might be to complicated, I was only looking at it through Windows notepad. But maybe it's easier than I thought, do you have any recommendation for an XML editor?

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

I think it will be easier than you thought :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

niceszettniceszett Posts: 5

Well, I just tried to note down what clips I want to exchange with the blank one's from the template so I was looking for e.g. the SYNTH preset 'D01A' in the original XML song file. I was then copying the [...] part of the original code and exchanged it with the code of the blank SYNTH preset 'D00A' in the XML template file (without deleting the MIDI part).

Unfortunately the Deluge only says 'Corrupted' and gets stuck. I also changed every presetName from 'D00A' to 'D01A' just to make sure the modified file will work correctly. Any suggestions, am I missing something here?

Thanks already!