Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Changing choke status of audio clip after recording

empiempi GermanyPosts: 7

tl,dr: I recorded an 'armed red' audio clip when it should have been an 'armed magenta' audio clip (I think). What do I do to have both cilps play simultaneously?

Noob here. Received the deluge 7 days ago.

Is there a simple way to unchoke audio clips?
I recorded two guitar parts into the deluge. After finishing recording I noticed I could not play both clips simultaneously.

I figured I could delete one of the clips, create a new audio clip and use the previous recording as its source, which solved the issue for me. But is there a different way to do this, without resorting to file browsing?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Yes, there is an easier way.
    If you create a new audio track in the arranger (hold an empty track audition pad and press the select knob) you can return to your clip in song mode and from within the clip (or holding its row in song view) turn the select knob to change which audio track it belongs to, audio1, audio2, etc.
    As long as audio clips belong to different audio tracks, they can play simultaneously. If they both belong to audio1, for example, they will choke each other as only one at a time may be played by that track.

Ah, thank you very much. Is there a way to do it in song view as well?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@empi said:

Hold Rec and press the mutepad of the clip to change the color and arming :)
    Magenta means play together, red means play one at a time

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Note that this can only be done with audio clips. Instrument clips clones can only play one at a time

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993
    edited May 2021

@empi said:

Yes. Creating a new clip in song view by pressing a blank row and the select knob will also create a new audio track number that will be selectable from other audio clips.
    Only difference is that in song mode you’ll also end up with a new blank clip that you may want to get rid of after reassigning the old clip.

Post edited by Too_Mere on

Thanks guys. Will give it a try :-)