Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Understanding Audio Clips (looping/layering?)

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

Looking for some advice on how to layer audio clips :)

The Deluge sits in the alt-out of my mixer. I set-up an audio clip with preferred monitoring settings (STER). I can start recording on that clip my using record and then play, or a loop/layer command. What I would like to do is be able to layer another clip with the same monitoring settings, without muting the first one. I.e. I'm looking for a way to make Audio2 clip, armed and set to stereo input, to be recorded to (where the length is decided by punch-in/out). And then Audio3, etc. (I'm looking for a way without having to manually a clip each time)

It seems like sometimes this works but then I can't repeat it when I want to. Hope that made sense, any help is much appreciated

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Using the loop command from a MIDI controller should do exactly this. It creates a new audio clip with the same input as the previous and begins recording, ending when you stop it.
    It won’t have monitoring on because that would double the monitoring signal, assuming monitoring is still on the first clip.

If the loop command isn’t working it’s likely the deluge has lost focus of the original clip and isn’t sure WHAT to loop. This is fixed by entering and exiting the clip that has the input settings you are trying to mimic.

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

@Too_Mere said:
    entering and exiting the clip

Ah, just tested this out and it seems to work great! Thank you much :)

Also, should've been more clear: I'm not using monitoring.. I just wanted the same "monitoring settings" (for me that is STER).

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Cool. That should work then. Happy to help :-)