Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Stereo Output Issue

Hey Guys,

I recently got my deluge and have been encountering an issue with stereo output. Whenever I plug two output cables in, a bunch of the sounds get really faded and sound really off. When using headphones, panning works fine, so does this mean my output jack is broken or do I need to mess with a setting? I want to put my higher end tracks panned to one side nd my lower end tracks panned to the other side so that I can mix them each separately. Am I doomed? Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Have you made sure it’s not an issue with cables, speakers or other gear connecting the audio?
    Does it sound normal if just plugged to L/mono out instead of stereo?

There’s no settings I know that would cause this so it’s likely a hardware issue.
    If you’ve isolated the problem to be the Deluge you should fill out one of these forms:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeTP-eDaaDOmU4-WRXcVhQIoIBd8bkLC_Up4_Lt1RbYZXA-xQ/viewform

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Are you using mono cables for the output?

🅽🅾🆅🅸🅲🅴 🅳🅴🅻🆄🅶🅸🅾🅽🅸🆂🆃?

@volsteh said:
    Are you using mono cables for the output?

Im just using basic trs patch cables. They should be fine right?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FO1UDW

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@Yeoldmama said:
    Hey Guys,

I recently got my deluge and have been encountering an issue with stereo output. Whenever I plug two output cables in, a bunch of the sounds get really faded and sound really off. When using headphones, panning works fine, so does this mean my output jack is broken or do I need to mess with a setting? I want to put my higher end tracks panned to one side nd my lower end tracks panned to the other side so that I can mix them each separately. Am I doomed? Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Are you using reverb? The reverb is global, and you might wanna pan it to one side or the other when splitting the outputs and hard-panning clips. Enter any clip's reverb pan parameter and pan it one way or the other according to what you need.

Not sure if this will directly help your mentioned issue, but its useful to know anyway in regards to hard-panning dual mono outputs

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

@Icoustik said:

@Yeoldmama said:
    Hey Guys,

Are you using reverb? The reverb is global, and you might wanna pan it to one side or the other when splitting the outputs and hard-panning clips. Enter any clip's reverb pan parameter and pan it one way or the other according to what you need.

Not sure if this will directly help your mentioned issue, but its useful to know anyway in regards to hard-panning dual mono outputs

Thank you for the suggestion! Ill be sure to check that out.