Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Record mutes

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297
edited April 2021 in Deluge Help

I searched high and low.

Can i record mutes (either the clip mute itself or kit row mutes) into the arranger? I know, i can edit this is in, I know I can make multiple clips. But I want (need?) this feature to make organic breaks and arrangements like for example in the MPC One.

Possible workaround?

Post edited by jensg on

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Record to arranger (in song view, hold rec + press song) records the launching and muting of clips. Record to arranger also records parameter automation as well as notes played from MIDI.

Ok to clarify, I mean recording the shift mutes for clips or the regular mutes for kit row. which it does not seem to record but would be vital for a performance to be captured.

(it's you again! thank you for your efforts.)

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Ahh then yeah, that’s right. Only way to capture that type of performance would be with resampling.
    Happy to help!

Hmm, less then ideal. But ok. maybe a featu... nevermind. :-)

thx

phillipadsmithphillipadsmith United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 89

@jensg said:
    would be vital for a performance to be captured.

Could that not be accomplished easily by simply recording the performance with an external audio recorder or DAW?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@phillipadsmith said:

@jensg said:

Could that not be accomplished easily by simply recording the performance with an external audio recorder or DAW?

He means capturing a performance as in recording into the arranger (Rec + Song button) :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

@Icoustik said:

@phillipadsmith said:

@jensg said:

He means capturing a performance as in recording into the arranger (Rec + Song button) :)

yes indeed. possible on the mpc one for example.