β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Load samples from SD Card

frankyfranky GhentPosts: 4

Hi,
I bought a Deluge and it is really a beautiful machine.
One thing I still don't manage however is how to load the content from the SD card into the Deluge. I follow the instructions but I can not find the content .
Could anyone give me some guidance ?
many thanks

Franky

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited April 2021

You don't load the content from the SD card on the Deluge, the SD card is the content. May help if you explain in more detail whith what you have trouble.

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@franky said:
    Hi,
    I bought a Deluge and it is really a beautiful machine.
    One thing I still don't manage however is how to load the content from the SD card into the Deluge. I follow the instructions but I can not find the content .
    Could anyone give me some guidance ?
    many thanks

Franky

Need a bit more details here, friend :) Do you mean loading your own samples, from the SD, on the Deluge?

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

Many thanks for your answer 8
    The problem is the following: I loaded some presets on the SD Card on my Mac.
    Then I inserted the Card in the Deluge. I loaded and scrolled with the select knob but can not find these presets, although the presets are really on the Card.

The presets (.XML files) need to be in the SYNTHS folder if synth preset or KITS folder if kit preset, no subfolders allowed. This is a screenshot of the default folder structure:

If you want to use samples, they need to be saved in the SAMPLES folder, subfolders allowed.

Thanks for your answers. I bought and downloaded the presets from Synthpatches and their folder sructure is as follows:
    In the Synths folder you have this :
    In the Sample folder you have the wav. files
    I have also loaded these wav.files on the SD Card but Deluge is not finding them.
    Is this all correct ?

If you mean the wav files used in the synth patches, they need to be in a folder mentioned in the patch .XML file otherwise the patch will not work, it looks like this when opened with a txt editor:

If you are referring to wav files you want to use in your music and are not part of a particular patch, they need to be loaded trough some of the many ways this is possible on the deluge. For example by creating an audio clip, entering it then use shift+browse to load. Or by creating a new synth patch (shift+synth) then shift+browse to load a sample in the oscillator. Or creating a new kit then audition pad+clip button to browse for kit samples.

Hi there,

It is finally working.
    Many many thanks, I am very grateful for your help !

Franky