›
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Roland TR-8s kit samples?

melchrmelchr United StatesPosts: 10

I was wondering where I can find some similar drum sounds to the ones used on the Roland TR-8s. The presets on the Deluge aren't hitting right and I'm just looking for some heavier sounding house samples.

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

🅽🅾🆅🅸🅲🅴 🅳🅴🅻🆄🅶🅸🅾🅽🅸🆂🆃?

@volsteh thank you! is there anything I need to do to get these WAV files to play? when I put them on the SD card, they don't appear in my deluge

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Where did you put the samples? Into the SAMPLES folder?
    Can you create a new kit and see if you can access said files that way when you load a sample into a pad?

@Heptagen yes! I can access them this way. how can I assign them to pads after selecting the folder I want?

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited April 2021

@melchr said:
    @Heptagen yes! I can access them this way. how can I assign them to pads after selecting the folder I want?

A few ways. Shift + kit makes a empty kit ready to load first sample. Audition pad+kit to load on this pad. You can load complete folders by longpress select knob while browsing and confirming when it says ALL.

The SICCAVICCA’s and 66 Legendary Drum kits already have KIT xml files (these you save in the KITS folder on your SD card (no subfolders allowed!)) so are ready to use, the Reverb ones doesn't.

For the KIT xml to work, the samples must be saved in the folder mentioned in the xml file, you can open the xml with a text reader and check the path, e.g.
    SICCAVICCA’s

66 Legendary Drum kits

Post edited by volsteh on

🅽🅾🆅🅸🅲🅴 🅳🅴🅻🆄🅶🅸🅾🅽🅸🆂🆃?

BolganiBolgani SuomiPosts: 61

I'm making a kit editor for help in this kind of situations (not available yet) but a couple of suggestions:

First: Read the manual. Really. It tells you how to create new kits and how to add samples.

Second: if you want the kits sound a bit heavier adjust the velocity (press note pad/pads + turn horizontal scroll). Current Deluge default (also adjustable) is 65 (I think), TR-8S' default velocity is 80 or more and I prefer that. Also adding a bit of Saturnation, like 4-6, can create some UUUMMPHH to the sound. Either by just individual instrument rows (clip view, select instrument row, shift + Saturnation) or to the whole kit (clip view, Affect Entire, shift + Saturnation).