β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

best strategies regarding using drum loops/samples (is this what multisampling is?)

bretbret United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 1

yo! new deluge user here. Prior to buying a deluge, I was mostly a guitar player and understood little about synthesis/drums etc.

I am new to grooveboxes in general and sampling is my weakest link by far. Especially when it comes to drums.

My goal is to just make a decent drum kit for my needs in the deluge.

I found a cool dude who has given away a lot of free drum loops and samples from https://www.organicdrumloops.com/ (go download some, they are great!)

His drum loops are just that...loops, but his additional sample packs with oneshots are recorded with 5 different mic's. all of the recordings have the information of where they were located within the room (including one of them as "the room mic.)

How would I go about using all of this information? Is this how making a multipack works? I guess i am just wondering how i should go about making a kit. Should I mostly just use "the room mic" for most loops/samples? or am i able to merge all of these recordings together to get a good kit?

is there a general strategy on how to work with this? are there any places I can search to gather information? any videos/etc?

thanks again...I am new to all of this, and i totally understand if i am not making much sense, ha!

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited April 2021

You can load up to 2 samples in 1 kit sound. One in each oscillator. You can also slice a loop in the drum kit.

I would guess the room mic samples carry with them the room reverb so maybe not ideal for a start. You cold use the driest sample in osc1 then add the room or other one in osc2 with lower volume so you can fine tune it.

Multisampling is when you load samples in an oscillator, in a synth clip, one for each or more notes, usually used to reproduce an instrument hard to get with the synth engine like piano or guitar. You can find a ton of videos regarding Deluge workflow here:

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?