Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI Track CC Mapping

Hi - I've been reading the manual and post on here but I'd still like to inquire if something is possible. I'd like to have a single controller map different CC controls to different MIDI tracks so that Deluge could basically act as a hub for routing knobs on a single controller to mutliple devices. It seems like deluge is great at sequencing this way but I'd like real-time control as well.

Example: Control Knob has CC 20 assigned to it but I can map it to Midi Track 1's CC40 valuue and another Knob with CC21 to Midi Track 2's CC 90 value or something.

I know you can learn a controller with the audition pads to a midi channel and match the CC values of the gold knobs to do this assignment, but can I map non-matching CC's across multiple MIDI tracks? I basically want MIDI track's gold knobs to be able to send one CC value but learn just that knob from a controller. If this isn't possible now, is it planned? I'm a firmware update or two behind currently but didn't see this in recent release notes. Thanks!

Comments

I hope this doesn't violate the feature request rule btw, I'm a noob to the forum and I'm more so curious if the feature may be on the roadmap or if I should start exploring alternative midi routing solutions for my controllers to my dawless setup. Thanks again.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Not currently possible, sorry.

harpocratesharpocrates Posts: 4
    edited March 2021

@Too_Mere Thanks - I've not tried it yet but can but do you know if you can "learn" a single controller to multiple midi tracks with the learn+audition pad shortcut? This might be a good partial workaround for me.

Post edited by harpocrates on

Yes, that does work! :-)

Awesome, thanks again for the follow up - it got me thinking about alternate solutions. I'm going to see if I can figure out some good controls for my set up where CC values may not overlap across multiple devices too much then.

My pleasure. Good luck!