Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Recording to arrangement view

Every time I Google this it takes me to recording to arrangement view FROM song view, which is not what I am looking for. I’m simply trying to record, say a vocal, directly into arrangement view that spans a custom length of time. I’ve tried creating an audio track, arming for record, pressing record, but nothing is recorded/saved. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

That should work based on the steps you mentioned.
    However, it won’t record if there is already a clip on the audio track where you are trying to start recording from.
    So if the audio track is blank and armed, pressing record then play should start recording.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@bryanleeisme said:
    Every time I Google this it takes me to recording to arrangement view FROM song view, which is not what I am looking for. I’m simply trying to record, say a vocal, directly into arrangement view that spans a custom length of time. I’ve tried creating an audio track, arming for record, pressing record, but nothing is recorded/saved. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Are you sure its actually armed in the sense that you need to hold Rec (in arranger) and press the audio clip in question's mutepad so that it turns blinking red? This indicates its armed (it defaults to un-armed i.e. not-blinking green mutepad when holding Rec).
    After you've done this, it'll record as expected in the empty audio track, by having Rec turned on and pressing Play

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ