Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Check scale

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

If I switch to a scale (for example "locrian" by holding shift and pressing scale six times), how can I just check the scale setting later on?

If I press the scale button in the isomorphic view once then just the root note is highlited (don´t know what this view is for) and then press again it always resets to MAJOR, so my "locrian" is lost.

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993
    edited March 2021

Whenever you turn on scale mode it makes a best guess at what scale you’re using, based on any notes sequenced. This defaults to major if no notes exist.

To preserve the scale setting you want, another clip needs to exist with the desired scale notes and scale on.

If for just isomorphic view help, you can make a ‘dummy’ midi clip and just fill it with a column of notes and select the scale you like.

Post edited by Too_Mere on
    duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

@Eddy said:
    If I press the scale button in the isomorphic view once then just the root note is highlited (don´t know what this view is for) and then press again it always resets to MAJOR, so my "locrian" is lost.

FWIW, when you press scale once in keyboard mode, you're turning off scale mode for that clip. Chromatic clips just highlight the song's root note in keyboard mode.

@Too_Mere said:
    If for just isomorphic view help, you can make a ‘dummy’ midi clip and just fill it with a column of notes and select the scale you like.

if I do so I get an "OTHER" scale which I can´t change
    and again it brings not the chance to simply check the scale

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

You have to fill the column of notes with scale mode on. Otherwise it’ll be 8 chromatic notes and scale mode will create an “other” scale to fit them.

@Too_Mere said:
    You have to fill the column of notes with scale mode on. Otherwise it’ll be 8 chromatic notes and scale mode will create an “other” scale to fit them.

Yes, thx for your help - this works for me :)