β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Audio clips

TheBadPalaceTheBadPalace WhanganuiPosts: 11

I'm really struggling getting my head around audio clips. More specifically editing audio clips without adjusting the tempo...

I recorded some audio in song view. I wanted to edit the length so went into clip view selected the waveform and began editing with the green/red flashing lines. Doing this then changed the tempo. I've grabbed the audio tempo and essentially reset it but then everything else in the song is the wrong tempo.

Is there a way of editing audio clips without it changing the tempo? Is there a way that doesn't involve loading the audio into a kit or synth?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited March 2021

You can combine also the clip length with trimming the audio, if that helps. On a side note, maybe the kit environment is better suited for what you are trying to achieve with audio clips.

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

Do you mean trimming the clip length will also trim the audio? I think you might be right that a kit environment is better. I might also have to be brave and play things live! :smile:

edited March 2021

Trimming the clip stretches audio to the clip length. Trimming audio also stretches the audio to the clip length. So if you trim by editing the waveform, by half, it will slow down. Then you shorten the clip by half and you are back on tempo.

Post edited by volsteh on

This is genuinely really helpful. Thank you.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Within an audio clip, go to the very end of the clip and press a pad in the last column of pads. This reveals a red column of pads. Now you can press any other column of pads, shorter or longer than the original. This will shorten or lengthen the clip without changing speed.
    You can also use the reverse function as a hack to trim the beginning of the clip.

@Too_Mere said:
    Within an audio clip, go to the very end of the clip and press a pad in the last column of pads. This reveals a red column of pads. Now you can press any other column of pads, shorter or longer than the original. This will shorten or lengthen the clip without changing speed.
    You can also use the reverse function as a hack to trim the beginning of the clip.

Oh nice, didn't know that, thanks!