β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Free auto-sampling tool

LegsMechanicalLegsMechanical United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 49

For anyone who's not aware:

The MPC beats software is free and has a really great autosampler (although not much else of value, but I digress.... ). It'll autosample note ranges from VSTs and external instruments into nicely named .wavs in a specified folder.

I made a lot of them for use on my Force, but they work perfectly in the Deluge as well (just make sure you save each instrument to its own folder).

Comments

cassbobcassbob BelgiumPosts: 14
    edited March 2021

What is an autosampler please ?

Post edited by cassbob on
    volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited March 2021

It basically play note ranges in chosen velocities from your vst or hardware synth and saves waw files of the notes so you can use them like an multisampled instrument in the deluge or other capable samplers. So you dont need to play by yourself said notes and go trough the process. Tried it @LegsMechanical thanks for the info. Did you manage to get looping to work?

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

@volsteh said:
    It basically play note ranges in chosen velocities from your vst or hardware synth and saves waw files of the notes so you can use them like an multisampled instrument in the deluge or other capable samplers. So you dont need to play by yourself said notes and go trough the process. Tried it @LegsMechanical thanks for the info. Did you manage to get looping to work?

Haven't tried looping with it. I've never had good results with automatic loop detection in any software though, so I usually just make the samples for pads and things really long. One nice thing about the deluge is that disk streaming makes it so that's not an issue.

tadantadan London, UKPosts: 3
    edited April 2021

@LegsMechanical said:

The MPC beats software is free and has a really great autosampler (although not much else of value, but I digress.... ). It'll autosample note ranges from VSTs and external instruments into nicely named .wavs in a specified folder.

I made a lot of them for use on my Force, but they work perfectly in the Deluge as well (just make sure you save each instrument to its own folder).

How do you connect the Deluge to it? I couldnt figure out how to send midi notes, it does track the midi clock though. On Ableton I am able to send and learn MIDI on Deluge.

EDIT: Found it ! finally :smile:
    In case anyone needs, gotta click track preferences and find midi out port:

Post edited by tadan on

@tadan said:

@LegsMechanical said:

How do you connect the Deluge to it? I couldnt figure out how to send midi notes, it does track the midi clock though. On Ableton I am able to send and learn MIDI on Deluge

To the Force? Should work fine with just regular old din midi i/o as long as you've got your routing right. I tend to use them separately, so, so I can't say what exactly how you'd need to set it up (shouldn't be anything fancy, I've used plenty of other external gear with both)

PercivalePercivale SingaporeBeta Tester Posts: 32

I'm thinking with the IOs, the Deluge itself can do the auto sampling yeah? no more feature requests I know