Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Alternate to the Isomorphic keyboard layout

I'd really love to see an alternate option to the Isomorphic keyboard layout. I understand many love it, but after 6 months i still cant stand it. I find it uncomfortable to play and would much prefer each line representing an octave. I play guitar and piano, but this really doesn't translate for me. I often plug in a midi keyboard just to play chords because doing it with this layout is too awkward. Changing it to octave to octave would allow a layout more similar to a piano, and moving your finger one line up would allow easier voicing and inversions of chords! I own a circuit as well, and going back and forth would be easier.
Thanks!

Comments

IkloosharIklooshar Uk norfolkBeta Tester Posts: 10

Yes this feature would be fantastic

KenoubiKenoubi United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 46

It would be great if we could set the horizontal and vertical steps in number of halftones. That would allow the existing setup, your desired setup, a setup that makes major and minor triads super easy to play by just "drawing a corner" with your fingers, etc.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

I fall into the hate it group too, I’d prefer an octave of the selected scale per row too. I never use the isomorphic mode.

GentleGGentleG NetherlandsPosts: 8

I would prefer a global user defineable offset:
    so +5 is like it's now implemented
    +12 would be octave
    So anyone could choose their prefered keyboard layout