Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

OCTATRACK USERS ARE LAUGHING AT ME!!!

Lets say I'm trying to find a sample for my genius composition...

OMG scrollin through all dem samples aint no fun :(

DER AINT NO SCREEN 4 SAMPLE BROWSIN!

OCTATRACK USERS ARE LAUGHING AT ME!!!

Wait..... THE GRID?!!?

Perhaps, when perusing a folder of samples, the grid of buttons lights up and we can audition samples instantly using the grid.

Maybe, you hold a sample down and it's name scrolls across the screen (bonus points if it can be written in big across the grid too).

Good idea innit?

SHIFT + (select individual samples) colours them green or something. Then when you've chosen a few...

SHIFT + (encoder) loads ALL the green ones and adds them into your KIT instantly.

OMG they should be paying me for this shit :D

YOU'RE WELCOME MR DELUGE MAN

Seriously this would be a game-changer for the Deluge.

One of the Deluge's biggest weaknesses is in overall handling of a large sample library.
One of the Deluge's biggest strengths is the FRICKIN GRID OF BUTTONS.

WHOS LAUGHING NOW MOFO?

Thanks!

Comments

LeonLeon LondonPosts: 8
    edited January 2021

MORE BONUS POINTS:

Hit RECORD and PLAY whilst in this mode, play some pads.

THE SAMPLES YOU PLAYED GET ADDED TO THE KIT AND THE CLIP.

Post edited by Leon on
    AlamoBlendAlamoBlend WA, USAPosts: 4

Top quality post! And the ideas ain't bad either. :smile:

SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

100% percent with this idea ..
    it would be a "gain changer" lol .. bcos right now its quicker to make a new kit than it is to find 1 i made earlier

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

Not to detract from your suggestion, but to offer something of a work-around I use:
    -Make a new 'dummy kit track'
    -find a folder you want to load and browse; long press and load all
    -now your dummy track will have every sample you want to audition loaded
    -when you find a sample you want to keep in your song, hit the shift+browse shortcut; this will open the file location of your sample in deluge's memory; press select to keep the sample the same and now leave the dummy track
    -go to the kit track where you want your newly found sample to be on; add a new sample in the kit and the sample you just found will be right there for you, without having to browse thru folders.
    -delete your dummy track and repeat as needed.

That is pretty clever. I like it. Anything though to get past the screens limitations.

funkymothersfunkymothers LondonPosts: 48

@Leon said:
    Seriously this would be a game-changer for the Deluge.

One of the Deluge's biggest weaknesses is in overall handling of a large sample library.

WHOS LAUGHING NOW MOFO?

I don't know but I suppose I'd show my Octatrack friends what it looks like to browse through a thousand samples with zero delay. As if they were sitting in RAM. In fact, browsing samples on the Deluge is quicker than on my Mac or any other music hardware I've used. :D

I like your idea but it's a question how you might implement it alongside the existing browser with waveform view. Personally I have my samples organised reasonably well and browse them by ear.

Any sample being auditioned already scrolls its same past the display. If it were to scroll across the grid I suppose you'd lose the audition/select functionality mentioned above. ;)

LeonLeon LondonPosts: 8

@funkymothers said:
    Any sample being auditioned already scrolls its same past the display. If it were to scroll across the grid I suppose you'd lose the audition/select functionality mentioned above. ;)

Not necessarily. There are many ways around this.

For instance, the name could scroll across the grid only when you hold the pad down.

Or, whilst holding the pad, all the pads dim greatly (whilst keeping colours), and the name scrolls using brighter pads.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

"I don't know but I suppose I'd show my Octatrack friends what it looks like to browse through a thousand samples with zero delay. As if they were sitting in RAM. In fact, browsing samples on the Deluge is quicker than on my Mac or any other music hardware I've used. :D"

Good point :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ