Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

New guy needs help with Deluge in home studio

NubreedNubreed USAPosts: 3
edited December 2020 in General Discussion

Hey Folks,
I love my deluge for almost a year now with no issues. Ever since I connected the Deluge to my arturia Audiofuse studio interface and my Motu Midi express XT interface it only plays in midi mode and will not play synthesizer or any of the kits. I just recently started building my home studio set up and I’m still trying to figure out all of the connections and the settings. My studio equipment consist of the following.
Apple MacBook Pro 2014
Arturia Audiofuse Studio Interface
Synthstrom Audible Deluge
Arturia drumbrute
Yamaha Montage 8
Korg Wavestate synthesizer
Motu Midi express XT interface
JBL 308 Powered studio monitors
JBL LSR 310 S powered subwoofer
I would greatly appreciate if somebody could help me set up this equipment The way they would if it was theirs. Also if anybody has any YouTube videos that could walk me through connecting everything at a beginner level. I also just downloaded logic Pro X for my DAW. I just need the best way to hook everything up and get the most out of all the set up.

Thank you for any help that you can give me,

Thomas Sedgwick

Post edited by Nubreed on

Comments

DiamondEyesDiamondEyes Maidenhead, UKPosts: 39

Wow, tasty gear list (envy!)...

You have no audio mixer listed, right? I guess there are enough L/R inputs on your Audiofuse to connect 4x instruments?

NubreedNubreed USAPosts: 3

I have a 22 channel audio mixer by Beringer Xenix but you’re right I do have enough connections on the audio fuse. I just really need some help setting all this up to get it working the way it should. I’d be grateful for any help.

Thank you for your time

PuppeteerPuppeteer Perth, West OzBeta Tester Posts: 52

OK, here's how I do it.

I have the deluge feeding my 8PortSE with MIDI (MIDI interface/patchbay similar to your MOTU). I route Channels as follows:
    1-4 to Port 1 - channels 1-4 - Kurzweil Forte
    5 to Port 2 - channel 1 - Roland Jupiter 8 with Encore Interface
    6 to Port 3 - channel 1 - Korg King Korg
    7/8 to port 4 --> channel 1 - Korg MS2000, -> Thru -> channel 2 - Korg Prophecy
    9/10 to Port 5 --> Channel 10 - Alesis DMPro -> Thru -> channel 10 - Roland TR909
    11 to Port 6 - channel 1 - Roland TB03
    12 to Port 7 - empty - for expansion
    13 - Port 8 - Deluge (for MIDI Input)

I have MIDI Clock going from Deluge and distributed to all of the other MIDI outputs. I have a second MIDI interface that also sends clock to another 8 MIDI ports for sync with other gear in the studio and for other rigs if I'm jamming with other people.

I have all audio outputs routed to my Audio Interfaces (RME UFX) via submixers/patchbays, and they show up on Ableton Live on seperate channels.

I have my main output going to the speakers, and a second output that goes to the Deluge Ins. I set this up on a send or buss in Ableton so that I can quickly route audio back to the Deluge.

When I record audio I record both into Ableton and into the Deluge as an Audio Clip. Deluge is the main composition tool, but I build my stems as I go in Ableton.

That's pretty much my workflow, except that I can put Audio FX on whatever audio I want, and record it back.

It's flexible and fast and I am tweaking my method for remotely accessing all my hardware remotely over VPN (it's working, but the workflow needs a little tweaking).

Hope this gives you some ideas.