Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to connect usb hub

Hello everyone. I have a very stupid question: How should you connect a usb hub when using Deluge as a host? Most USB hubs have to be connected with a USB-A type plug, but Deluge only has a USB-B socket. Just plugging Deluge to a usb hub with a USB-A cable does not seem to work when I want to send Midi to other synths via usb.

I want to use Deluge as a sequencer and sending midi (via usb) to several other synths which I connect to a USB hub. Is this even possible?

Comments

For anyone wondering found the answer here:

AcheAche GermanyPosts: 3

Awesome! Right what I was looking for.

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

I had to purchase a couple of USB/MIDI Hosts, but I did find one that works - to connect my Novation Launchpad X (which I use as a controller) to the Deluge.

S W E E T! Nice to all of a sudden have velocity sensitivity and custom programmable scales, etc. for about $200. (I previously had a Linstrument, which is awesome about about 7 times the price)

I bought the Kenton unit - not cheap, but it works with my Virus and some other gear as well (and the first host I bought didn't actually work with anything properly)